Saturday, November 19, 2011

One for the Money, by Janet Evanovich: becoming a movie!

I went to the grocery store yesterday, and I saw One for the Money with a new cover! For a movie! (This is not that cover - this is the cover design pattern you'll see on the entire series.)

I first read these books when I worked for a Waldenbooks, years ago. My co-workers were big fans, and introduced me to it. Since they also recommended it to every customer who walked through the door and asked for a good book, and there were already a lot of books in the series, we sold kind of a lot of Evanovich, and talked about who we would cast. I can only remember Sandra Bullock as Stephanie Plum, and Vin Diesel as Ranger, neither of whom were chosen. Well, it was ten years ago that we picked them, anyway.

I live under a rock as far as Hollywood goes, so I don't recognize any of the cast except Katharine Heigl, who I think should make a pretty good Stephanie Plum. I'd like to go see it in the theater, except I think it'll be coming out too soon after the introduction of a newborn into the house for that to be convenient. Alas!

I highly recommend the whole Stephanie Plum series - they're a comedy/mystery hybrid, in which New Jersey native Stephanie falls into the bail bonds bounty hunter business, and isn't very good at it. The characters are amazing; her Grandma Mazur is hilarious. I think there's 17 or 18 of them now. (I don't own them all myself, yet - 17 or 18 is a lot, so I've been reading them from the library and trying to pick up used copies.)

No comments:

Post a Comment